ASCE Electrical Structure Standards and Guidelines: Technology Advancements | 3.5 PDHs
Sunday, November 4 | 1:00 - 5:00 p.m.
Moderator: Anthony M. DiGioia, Jr., Ph.D., P.E., Dist. M.ASCE
The pre-conference workshop will cover the brief history, existing principles, and upcoming changes to each of the ASCE Standards and Manuals of Practices (MoPs) that directly impact the electric power delivery industry. Leading experts in the industry will describe the upcoming changes to the wind and ice maps that will impact the design of overhead lines and substation structures. Updates on the respective Standards and MoPs for the design and analysis of lattice towers, tubular steel poles, wood poles, and fiber reinforced polymer pole structures will be presented. If you currently design overhead lines or substations and want to know what changes are coming soon to this industry.
- Thomas Mara, Ph.D., P.Eng., M.ASCE – Wind Loading Provisions in ASCE Manual of Practice 74
- Kathleen Jones, M.S.E., M.ASCE – Ice Loading Provisions in ASCE Manual of Practice 74
- Frank Agnew, P.E., M.ASCE – Chair of ASCE Manual of Practice 74: Guidelines for Electrical Transmission Line Structural Loading
- Robert Nickerson, P.E., F.SEI, M.ASCE – Chair of ASCE-10 Standard: Design of Latticed Steel Transmission Structures
- Kenneth Sharpless, P.E., M.ASCE – Chair of ASCE 48 Standard: Design of Steel Transmission Pole Structures
- James McGuire, P.E., M.ASCE – Chair of New ASCE Manual of Practice: Guidelines for Wood Pole Structures for Electrical Transmission Lines
- Galen Fecht, P.E., M.ASCE – Chair of New ASCE 104 Manual of Practice: Recommended Practice for Fiber-Reinforced Polymer Products for Overhead Utility Line Structures
- George Watson, P.E., M.ASCE – Chair of ASCE Manual of Practice: Substation Structure Design
Additional Registration Fee: EB $140 | ADV $190 | ONS $240